Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I Have A Voice!

Hey Everyone!

I am excited to tell you all that as of today (June 4), I am allowed to speak again. It sounds like death, but don't let me tell you - check it out for yourself.

https://soundcloud.com/beccarosenthal/my-voice-june-4-2013*

Here's why it sounds so bad: it's been a week since my vocal cords have moved, and just as any other muscle would be, they are quite stiff. Consequently, starting slowly, my goal for the next week or two is to loosen up my vocal cords, primarily by singing sustained ooooos, eeeeeeees, and mmmmms on the few notes at which my vocal cords vibrate properly. Because my voice hasn't been used in a week (not to mention my vocal cords were chopped up in a surgery a week ago), it gets tired very quickly, so I can't do this for more than 5ish minutes an hour.

I still can't do phone calls or talk over anything that makes pretty much any noise (noise pollution is a very real thing), but I can make short little recordings of me rambling, so I guess I'm making progress.

Til next time,
Becca

*I have a way funnier recording of my voice too, and if you text me, I'll send it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment