Friday, May 31, 2013

Readers in Qatar?

Hey Everyone,

It is day three after surgery, and I am feeling good. This may be the most anti-climactic recovery ever. Seriously--within a day I felt fine, and that trend has continued. To all of you that have read this blog and sent me kind words of support thank you.

Here are some stats I'm learning about my readership:

1) People all over the world are reading this. Seriously. People in Qatar, South Korea, the Netherlands  and Argentina are reading about this journey. It's kind of cool, but I'm also curious who you are. If you are in an exotic place, let me know who you are and where you're reading from.

2) Most people are reading this blog on either a mac or an iPhone. I guess I'm not surprised by this information--I'm more surprised that this info exists. Furthermore, someone reading this blog still has a Blackberry. WHY?

3) I haven't talked to many of you in years, and receiving messages/emails/texts feels really great. It is a nice reminder of what it means to be in community with people. Seriously, if you're reading, reach out and say hi. I'd love to know who is reading.

4) If there are particular questions you want me to answer about recovery/vocal cords/this whole process in this blog, just let me know. I'm going to run out of ideas really quickly. I already am.

On a closing note, it is only day three, and I'm already realizing how long this summer is actually going to be. PLEASE send me suggestions for movies to watch, TV shows to get into, or other random things to waste my time with. I have three months to kill, and I know between the nearly 500 people that have read this blog in the last two days, some crazy suggestions will exist.


Thanks for all the support, and here's another song for you. It's called The Plan:

https://soundcloud.com/beccarosenthal/the-plan






No comments:

Post a Comment